Sunday, October 23, 2011

on my mind...

I'm in the process of finishing up the remodel of a kitchen right now and I am thrilled about how it is turning out.  I can't wait to show you pictures of the finished product! The cabinets and countertops are installed and the backsplash was hung over the weekend.  While the major items are ready, I now get to do the finishing details that will make the kitchen my client's own.  I want to show you some of my favorite inspiration pictures for kitchens. They are all very different and each has its own personality.  Look closely at all the fantastic detail that pulls them together.  They look so cozy and inviting.  I would love to go to a dinner party in each of these kitchens and just stay a while...

House Beautiful
I love the use of pattern, color and texture in this kitchen.  It pushes the limit  yet isn't too much.  The black and white houndstooth pillows on the barstools paired with the pops of bright color are so amazing. I also adore that they displayed collections that are special to them.  It's those kinds of touches that make a room so personal.

Traditional Home
It's refreshing to see a rich dark kitchen in a time when white dominates.  Look at all the detail, from the daintiness of the fabric on the roman shades to the industrial light fixure to the subway tile with dark grout.  I love that they used that rich warm tile behind the range.  It's a hodgepodge of styles, yet it all works together.  Awesome.


I love that this kitchen looks effortless.  It looks lived in and inviting.  Having the table right smack in the kitchen is genius.  All the light pouring into this space makes the smokey colored cabinets work so well.  I'm also crazy about the unexpected nature of a WHITE (yes, white in a kitchen!  Thank heavens for bleach!) wingback chair.  Brilliant.

House Beautiful
This has always been a favorite.  I adore the light fixtures (you know I am obsessed blue and white) and the black and white floors.  Again, there are many unexpected elements pulled together perfectly.
House Beautiful
A M A Z I N G detail!
Traditional Home
I just told my husband this would be the inspiration for our next kitchen in our own home.  What's not to love?
Elle Decor
Oh, I don't know, on second thought maybe this one instead!  I love the layout and I am in love with this floral fabric on the chairs.  Again, I love the idea of having the table right in the kitchen.  If you haven't noticed, I use the word "love" a lot. I can't help it!
Elle Decor
Unexpected in a kitchen is the use of furniture. I'm crazy about the armoire.  So eclectic cool.
Lonny
The use of color on the cabinets is so cool.  And my favorite detail: the antique persian rug.  Unexpected.
TradHome
A kitchen doesn't have to be ordinary and the first place where it is easy to cut corners is in choosing the lighting.  Lighting is so important!  These light fixtures steal the show.
t

5 comments:

  1. Can you get me a kitchen that looks like one of these? Only problem is I can't decide which one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that Lonny kitchen with the black cabinets and persian rug is my dream! It's just perfect. I also love the black kitchen with the oversized white arm chair at the head of the table. I can't wait until I can really decorate my home, with your help of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog... It looks amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product of your latest clients remodel job. Your an amazing decorator with so much talent.. It will be fun to follow your creative mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen with the black & white cabinets is the one that planted the idea in my head to paint my lower cabinets with chalkboard paint! I could do the cooking while the kids hung out & made masterpieces :) What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Sydney got a daughter just like her after all (maybe two, if you count me as one of her daughters.) I love decor. You would never know it so see my house---a 10,000 sq ft 80s oak palace. Had plans to remodel it next Fall (I've been waiting 9 years), but they made me R.S. pres on Sunday...so guess I'll have to put it off for another three years. I'll call ya in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete