Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yalecrest Part 2

I love designing children's rooms, and this one was no exception.  This room is for a beautiful 3 year old girl with a lot of energy.  I wanted to design a bedroom that encouraged imagination, learning, and comfort.


The alphabet wall is the focal point of the room.  My client already had the letters for the alphabet, but I gave them new life by painting the old ones new bright colors.  I also added a few fabric letters to soften it up a little and add texture.  All I needed to hang the alphabet was a measuring tape, a level and a lot of confidence!



I enlisted the help of an extremely talented friend, Kelly Henderson, to hand make some fun and feminine touches to the room.  She made some darling wool pillows and the amazing floral band draped on the window treatment in the room.  Would you believe that she made all of these from sweaters she found at a thrift store?  Genius!
  

The colorful details really balance the black dresser.  I love the character the art work adds to that corner of the room.


I found this rug at PB teen.  It's the perfect anchor for this room.  Rugs can be a great inspiration source for a room's color palette and provide a soft touch to any space.




This new Puffin book collection of children's classics is so colorful and adds a feel of fantasy and imagination.  You can find them here

all photos taken by Ashlee Raubach

No comments:

Post a Comment