Thursday, November 10, 2011

decisions, decisions, decisions...

I'm so excited to show you all the finished product of a remodel I have been working on the past few months.  The floors have been redone, we've moved some walls and opened up the layout, the walls have a fresh new color and coat of paint, kitchen cabinets and all the built in's have been installed, and now the really fun part begins.  The details.  It's all in the details (I know, I always say that!).  One of those details that should be arriving any day now is the chandelier over the kitchen table...and I can't wait!

Lighting is one of most important decisions made in designing a room.  The placement and scale of a fixture is crucial in creating a warm and inviting and well planned out space.  It's one thing you want to splurge on.    

We went through lots of options for this kitchen and here are the finalists. Can you guess which one we picked?

  

Circa Lighting


Circa Lighting
Aidan Grey
Aidan Grey

Don't you love them all?  And they all portray my client so well!  In the end we chose the first one with a hand rubbed brass finish.  I have been looking for the perfect table and chairs and just found the most amazing set.  They are from France in the early 1930's and have a bit of a farmhouse feel to them (they are unbelievable!) and so I wanted to go a little more streamlined with the light fixture just to mix it up a little.  The one we chose is from Circa Lighting and here is a photo from Circa of this fixture in a room, you'll love it.

3 comments:

  1. Nice choice> looks great and of course we love the dinning room chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I can't wait to see the dining set! The 2nd fixture is probably my favorite, I'm really loving circular chandeliers like that. But they're all great choices!

    heyhomeslice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I especially love the second one!

    ReplyDelete