Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks and a recipe

  
Eddie Ross
I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and I am so excited!  I have to say one of my favorite things about a big occasion like this is setting a beautiful table.  These images have been inspiring me.

Serena and Lily
Serena and Lily

I also wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you.  It's easy and addicting....

Pomegranate Salsa
1 carton of pomegranate seeds
2 avocado
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
4 limes

-toss together the pomegranate, tomato, green onions, salt, pepper and lime juice.
-cut the avocado and gently mix in
-Serve with chips and enjoy! 



(I buy my pomegranate already seeded from Costco, it's much easier this way.  You'll find them in the refrigerated fruits and vegetables section.  If you can't make it to Costco, use the seeds of two pomegranates)

3 comments:

  1. What time does dinner start? If you're hosting, I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the pomegranate salsa. Always my favorite. Can't wait to hear what beautiful delicious things you serve for thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quote on the second image is so true... so good to remember this time of year!

    ReplyDelete